Wednesday, April 22, 2009

It is True!

I know some of you were wondering about my last post. Our April Fool's joke was that the email was NOT a joke. Which means...we are going to have a BABY! As Rex and I were discussing this possibility we talked about getting rid of some of the stuff we have accumulated and making more room in our apartment. So when my pregnancy test turned out to be positive I told Rex by emptying out his sock/underwear drawer and filled it with newborn diapers and this note...

So this is what he saw when he opened his drawer...


He was so excited and he kept saying "Whoa!" It was such a wonderful day!

We are expecting our little one on October 31st! We just hope he/she doesn't come out too scary looking! I have been really lucky and have experienced almost no morning sickness. The doctor has told us that everything looks good so far. We are so grateful for this new blessing in our lives. Another exciting thing is that my best friend from growing up is having twins on the same day. Yea!

27 comments:

Jenn said...

Congrats! I am so excited for you! You will be a great mom. Let me know if we can help in any way.

Tristen said...

Wow!! Amy! I had no idea! Congratulations, we CAN'T WAIT!! I love love love the way that you told Rex, wish I would have thought of it! Congratulations, and enjoy pregnancy...what a miracle!

Janelle said...

Yippee! Congratulations :) I knew something was up when Rex kept asking funny questions. Glad you are feeling well and that it keeps up!

Greg~Chels~Livi~Gracie said...

Congrats you guys!! We are so excited for you! How exciting! Sorry I won't be there at the shower this weekend, but Livie will be there to represent!

Melissa said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That's such exciting news and I'm glad that I'm close enough that I'll be able to come visit :)
Hope things continue to go well for you.

Managers.Magnolia said...

This is so exciting! Babies all over the place! I'm so excited for you guys! Unfortunately I think Rex might have to part with that bunk bed of his! Lol

Unknown said...

Yay! Congrats! It's true, I was a little confused about the last post. Thanks for clearing it all up! You will LOVE parenthood! It's 200 times better than teaching!

Greco Family said...

Congrats! That is so exciting. You guys will be great parents. I hope your pregnancy continues to go well!

Britney said...

Congrats!!!! This is so exciting!

And I LOVE how you told Rex! What a cute/creative way!

Amy said...

I am soooo excited for you!! Congrats! You will make such a wonderful mommy and you will LOVE it!! It's the best thing I ever did, besides marrying my hubby, which I had to do first anyways, right!!! Super fun! How many weeks does that make you?

Driel said...

Amy and Rex, Congrats! You are going to be such wonderful parents. Do I know the person having twins?

Diana and Scott said...

Congratulations!!! How exciting. I'm going to have to steal your idea for the next time we decide to have a baby. Of course, Scott might not be saying "whoa, what a wonderful day" :o).

Love it!!!

Crystal said...

Yay, that's so exciting! Cute way of telling Rex too. Your due date is Camarae's b-day. It will be funny if you end up actually delivering on that day.

Congrats!

Jeni said...

WOW! I had no idea! CONGRATS! Cute way that you told Rex too... I wish I did something cute, but I was just so excited I ran out of the bathroom and screamed "I'm pregnant."

Zach and Nikki said...

Congratulations!!!! And hooray that you're not having much morning sickness. Babies truly are an enormous blessing!

Tony said...

Wow! Congrats you two!! You'll be great parents :-) Keep us updated-Jasie

Mangum Life said...

Oh my GOSH!! That's so freakin' excting!!!!! I'm so excited for you guys - I also love the way you told Rex it was really cute and clever. Glad you're not experiencing any morning sickenss yet (hope it lasts). :-)

Brent, Bethany, and Brooke said...

Congratulations, Amy!! And that is so great that you have had no morning sickness. Lucky you. :)

Cameron said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you two...and so excited that we get to have babies at the same time! I'll race you (j/k)! Such a thoughtful way of telling Rex the news...you two will always be cute newly weds to me:). I am so grateful to hear that you were able to bypass the morning sickness.

tiffromney said...

No way! That is awesome!!!Congrats! I love how you told Rex. That is so cute. Please keep updating! I am so happy for you guys.

Jeni said...

Amy!!! Congratulations! We need to go walking again just so that I am not the last to hear these exciting things going on in your life! :)

Mike and Alyse Swenson said...

Congrats you two! I am sooo sorry I missed your shower. When I found out when it was, I was so sad! I wanted to be able to see you and the rest of the family. It is things like this that bring us all together! Glad to hear everything is going well so far. It is such a life changing, yet AMAZING experience! You will be great!

Nunes Family said...

Congrats!! Amy, I am one of Rex's friends from High school and found your blog on Sean Greco's blog. Tell Rex I say hi and I hope your felling great.

Britani

Cheri said...

Hey Amy! I don't know if you remember me from our Brittany days but I found you through Britney's blog... anyway, congrats on the baby! Also, do you live in N. CA? We're in the bay area and I saw your Berkeley post so I was curious. Anyway, it's fun to see your cute blog!
-Cheri (Hales)

Managers.Magnolia said...

Hmmm..I've decided I want some proof!! lol. A belly shot perhaps, an ultrasound photo or something!! Pleeeeease!!! It's been a whole month!!

Cheri said...

Amy! We're in Fremont, so just about a half hour south of you. So fun! How do you like Berkeley?? It's great to re-connect and will be fun to check up on you via the blog.

lovebirds said...

Congratulations! I hope your baby has curly hair like yours.