Adam helping Daddy pack his suitcase.
Adam outgrew his infant car seat and now uses the big boy one. I quickly learned that I need to adjust it a bit after Adam fell asleep.


To be honest the drive down to Vegas started out pretty horrible. We left on Friday around 4pm and it took at least two hours for us to get from Salt Lake to Provo (which should take an hour or less) because of all of the traffic. The worst part was that our air conditioning decided not to work. So we were sitting on I-15 with no cold air for two hours while the hot sun beat down on us. Once we finally got out of Utah Valley the traffic eased up, the sun started setting, and the air conditioning started working. Geesh!
We got there late and went straight to bed. The next few days I spent going through my closet and reading/throwing out old letters that I have kept over the years, deciding what keepsakes I REALLY wanted to keep now that I have to find a place for them, and going through all of my mom's extra stuff that was up for grabs. It was quite the job.
Steve cut his leg somehow and ended up with a pretty bad infection, so he had to take it easy. Adam took advantage of it and had a comfy nap on Papa's lap.
Melissa came up from AZ with some friends for the weekend so it was fun to see them. We also got to swim in the pool and have meals with extended family we haven't seen for awhile. It was definitely a good time. The hard part was saying good bye to the house that has been "home" for the last 20 years. Before I left I walked through the house with our video camera and reminisced about all of the good times we had there.
Don't worry, I fixed it after the picture so the rest of his nap was more comfortable.
To be honest the drive down to Vegas started out pretty horrible. We left on Friday around 4pm and it took at least two hours for us to get from Salt Lake to Provo (which should take an hour or less) because of all of the traffic. The worst part was that our air conditioning decided not to work. So we were sitting on I-15 with no cold air for two hours while the hot sun beat down on us. Once we finally got out of Utah Valley the traffic eased up, the sun started setting, and the air conditioning started working. Geesh!
We got there late and went straight to bed. The next few days I spent going through my closet and reading/throwing out old letters that I have kept over the years, deciding what keepsakes I REALLY wanted to keep now that I have to find a place for them, and going through all of my mom's extra stuff that was up for grabs. It was quite the job.
Melissa came up from AZ with some friends for the weekend so it was fun to see them. We also got to swim in the pool and have meals with extended family we haven't seen for awhile. It was definitely a good time. The hard part was saying good bye to the house that has been "home" for the last 20 years. Before I left I walked through the house with our video camera and reminisced about all of the good times we had there.
4 comments:
Your little boy is so adorable!!! I love it!!! What a cutie. I can totally see the snow in him!!!
I bet that was hard moving everything out of your mom's house!!!
I used to write letters to that address. So fun. I have a lot of memories there as well. I cried when we were at our house the last day too.
I'm teary eyed reading this post. SO many memories. I hope my awful bridesmaid dress was long gone and not adding to your hard work!
Reading this post about the house I had a rush of fond childhood memories. I miss those days but i am glad for the memories that I will always have of my days in BC with you and Teresa.
Post a Comment