Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Good Bye Berkeley

Before we left Berkeley we had a BBQ with all of our friends from school. It was cold outside but everyone stuck it out and had fun.


Adam was born pretty soon after three of these awesome ladies had their babies. I really appreciate the support and advice I got from them during pregnancy. It has been fun to hang out together over the last three years!

See you all at graduation next year!


This is Paulette, my amazing friend and visiting teacher. Although Adam isn't smiling here, he loves Paulette. She babysat Adam for us one day and it turned into a REALLY long time. Thanks again Paulette. We love you!


My friend, Jill at her baby shower. We both moved into the Berkeley Ward at about the same time and have been friends ever since. I'm so excited for her to have her baby girl.


My dear friend, Sigrid, in her beautiful yard. I was a nanny for her girls before Adam was born and they have always made me feel like part of their family. I am going to miss you all!

This is the best picture we could get with the sun in our eyes. The twins just finished first grade and they are growing up so fast!


Orly loves babies, especially little Adam!


I also got to go to lunch one more time with my college roommate, Melissa. We tried out a little French place called Gregoire in Berkeley. It was good, but the company was even better!



We met Valerie at church and she instantly fell in love with Adam. We had to watch her closely to make sure she didn't take him home with her!

I would often take Adam on walks in the stroller and I found a house not far from where we lived that I loved. It has the wooden shingles like so many houses in Berkeley and a beautiful variety of plants and flowers. You can't see it very well in the picture but it also has a super tall redwood tree to the right of it.




It has been an adventure living in Berzerkeley. Our last Sunday we were driving to church and crossed paths with a parade of people led by a contraption that resembled a mini circus tent on wheels. They were all dressed up crazy, including a big guy dressed up in a woman's ballet leotard and tutu, proudly bearing his chest hair. Rex's response was, "Adam, I think its time we left this place." While there are a few things I will not miss (i.e. living next to all of the frat houses, the traffic, the cost, etc. there are many things that will be missed...

10. the ocean
9. the forests
8. the beautiful weather
7. the super fresh produce
6. Trader Joes
5. all of the yummy places to eat
4. the walkability
3. the diversity
2. the Berkeley Ward
1. the amazing people!

Thanks for the memories and everything you have taught us. We will miss you!

4 comments:

Jenn said...

We will miss you too. It feels like you just disappeared without much warning. I hope you enjoy Utah. Come visit sometime.

Cabra Forte said...

Adam cracks me up. So handsome, such a consistant face. Its like he practiced it in front of the mirror for hours to get it just right.

Glad you guys get to have some new experiences, and can look back on the Bay with fondness. Fun times.

Tristen said...

I know WE've been missing you guys the past few weeks, church isn't the same without your family. I miss seeing you guys and your little spunky redhead. Glad you are getting settled, excited to see where life takes you guys the next few years!

Teresa said...

AwwW! Adam is getting so big! he's adorable. I love that you had the chance to see Melissa again. Its really fun to see two twin girls...a little bit older than mine. It looks like you have many great memories and friends from CA.