Last year we were in Arizona so this was our first 4th of July here in the Bay Area. We didn't really make plans or know what to do. Then I checked my email and found a reminder about a performance at the Oakland Temple. So I made Rex wear his red shirt and we went and listened to some patriotic music by a choir and orchestra of local church members. They put on a great show. My favorite part was watching how much the people in the audience were enjoying themselves. There were a few little boys in front of me conducting the orchestra from their seats. I also saw an elderly lady to my left tapping her fingers to the beat of her favorite songs. Music is so powerful! I love it!
Monday, July 6, 2009
God Bless America
Last year we were in Arizona so this was our first 4th of July here in the Bay Area. We didn't really make plans or know what to do. Then I checked my email and found a reminder about a performance at the Oakland Temple. So I made Rex wear his red shirt and we went and listened to some patriotic music by a choir and orchestra of local church members. They put on a great show. My favorite part was watching how much the people in the audience were enjoying themselves. There were a few little boys in front of me conducting the orchestra from their seats. I also saw an elderly lady to my left tapping her fingers to the beat of her favorite songs. Music is so powerful! I love it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I LOVE the matching red shirts! You are the cutest newlyweds ever! Super neat way to celebrate the 4th. Love the belly pic!
Post a Comment