So Rex and I heard that people go set up blankets at Sugarhouse park early in the day to save a spot to watch fireworks. So I went up there around 11 a.m. and looked around until I found a couple of people setting up blankets. I added ours to the small group and left. Around 5 p.m. it was getting windy and I was afraid that our blankets had blown away so we went to check on them and luckily they were fine. However, we did notice the number of blankets increasingly quickly. Around 7:30 Rex went to stay with the blankets to make sure no one moved them as the masses started pouring in. I stayed at home and cooked some pizzas while I waited for Rex's sister's family to arrive from Arizona. We finally all joined Rex at the blankets at about 9:45 p.m. with a few minutes to spare before the start of the show.
Rex and Adam watching the fireworks. I thought Adam was going to be crying the whole time from being either tired or scared or both. However, he surprised me and happily watched most of the fireworks. When he wasn't watching them he was doing this...
So was all of the waiting and spot saving worth it? Well it turned out that the people I followed to put down the blankets knew what they were doing. We were so close to where they fireworks were being launched that we all ended up laying down on our backs to watch them.
I think everyone agreed that it was the best view they had ever had of a firework show. It was pretty awesome. I do have to add that as I layed there next to Adam and Rex and watched the show I could help feeling overwhelmed with thankfulness for my family and the opportunity we have to live in this great country. God Bless America!
2 comments:
Fun! Your short hair looks super cute. I like your hairy curly best. It's just so pretty. Adam is getting so BIG!! I love those chubby cheeks. Miss you guys!
Hey Amy! Long time no talk! Looks like you guys are doing awesome. Thanks for your comment...that was very sweet. Keep in touch!
Post a Comment