Friday, May 30, 2008

The day has finally come...

I have been buying gas at Costco religiously to get the best price. Sadly the price there has now passed the dreaded $4 a gallon mark. Do you remember when gas was less that a dollar per gallon? I know I wasn't old enough to buy gas then but I remember seeing the signs! I sure miss those days.

6 comments:

Karley said...

It's wrong! Dead wrong!

Britney said...

Yes, when I got my license, gas was like $0.95 a gallon! I could fill up my tank for $12!

I want to throw up every time I fill up...sickening!

Jeni said...

It's totally sick and wrong!! When I got my license I filled up my car for .99 cents a gallon. Those days are long gone!

Lindsay said...

Seriously. I remember filling up my brown toyota for twelve bucks. TWELVE. Those were the days. I am DREADING getting cars in a few months...Something needs to be done. I watched a news clip that said it will rise to 5.00 easily. Remember when we were all mad about gas being over $2? I swear! (Really. I swear over it !@#$%)

Becca said...

Gas was $0.98 when I drove in High School. I remember visiting California back then and seeing gas at a record high of $2.40. I would LOVE to pay $2.40 again. Unfortunately I don't think we'll ever see $0.98 again :)

Teresa said...

Well said Amy. Gas in Chicago is $4.50 downtown. Looks like its time for scooters.