Sunday, May 25, 2008

Finals are finished...for now

Yea! I'm so happy that finals are finally finished and I didn't even have to take them! Rex has been studying non-stop the last two weeks. His class schedule this semester included Neuroscience, Biochemistry, Physiology, Anatomy, Lower Extremity Anatomy, and Clinical Medicine. I think that he is definitely more relieved than I am that he is finished...until next semester.

Inspired by Laura's birthday cake I decided to make Rex a dirt cake to celebrate the end of finals. Yummy!
I had to include this picture for two reasons. The first is that Rex and I have been married for almost 5 months now and I was determined not to make spaghetti every night. So I finally broke down and made spaghetti for the first time (because we had some pasta sauce leftover from making pizza). The second reason is that I decided to make a yummy spinach salad and chocolate dipped strawberries to go with it. I thought it made such a pretty dinner I was a bit disappointed to find Rex fast asleep for the night at 6p.m. (He stayed up the whole night before studying for a test). Needless to say, I enjoyed my pretty dinner by myself! Rex did get some leftovers the next day.

4 comments:

Driel said...

That is a gorgeous dinner! How sad Rex was asleep, but I am sure he needed it.

Teresa said...

Ummmm, spaghetti can look so good sometimes :). Way to go Rex on surviving a crazy class load.

Ed and Laurel said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun at 6 Flags. Great job on the finals Rex and the spaghetti dinner Amy. It will be fun to see you both in July.

Jeni said...

Isn't it so great that finals are over? I hate finals too, and I don't have to take them either! One more year of finals for us, how much longer for Rex?