Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Bees and Boyscouts



A few days ago Rex and I started finding a couple of bees that found their way into our apartment. After awhile I noticed that they are living in a hole on the balcony above us. Rex decided it would be fun to go and vacuum them right out of the hole. There were TONS in there and they still aren't gone. I told Rex he has to clean out all of the bee guts in my brand new vacuum cleaner. Despite our attempts to keep the bees out we are still finding them inside. I guess its time to call the exterminator!



One of our callings is to be the Cub Scout leaders for the Spanish ward in our Stake. We usually meet with 5 or 6 boys and try to motivate them to earn their badges. This week we made a craft to help them learn the Cub Scout Promise.

5 comments:

astowers said...

What cub group do you and Rex work with. I was just called this past Sunday to be a cub scout den leader. I will probably be working with the wolves. We only have 2 right now, so we are combined with the bears. I feel a little out of my league not having had brothers and having younger boys. Hopefully I can adjust quickly. :)

Good Luck with the bees!

Amy said...

You will do fine! I knew nothing about Scouts before this and I had two brothers. We are lucky enough to be in charge of the wolves, bears, and webelows! (That makes things a little tricky).

Janelle said...

I'm so happy to get released from Den Mom in the next couple of weeks. Loved it at first, but then the boys get CrAzY!! Good Luck!

Teresa said...

Good thing you have such a great scout to help you hunt down those bees. Sorry about the vaccuum, but it definitely sounds like a worthy cause.

Driel said...

The boys look so happy! What a fun calling!