Friday, April 25, 2008

Take Me Out to the Ballgame

On Wednesday night Rex and I went to an Oakland A's game with some of his friends from school and their "spice" (Kimball family term for spouses). It was my first time to one of the games and we enjoyed ourselves.
It was freezing outside! Luckily Ryan and Jen shared their blanket with us. As you can see there weren't very many other fans willing to brave the cold.
Rex told me it is a tradition to stand up during the 7th inning and sing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame." I had no idea!

The A's were playing the Minnesota Twins and we won 3-0! We rode the BART home and we heard a lady say to her friend, "the A's must have lost because no one looks happy." Rex told her that we did win and we figured that everyone was too cold to smile. Hopefully the next game will be warmer!

8 comments:

Britney said...

Fun! We've wanted to go to a game, but so far they have been late. I'm hoping we can find one that starts around 5:00.

Kelly Jensen said...

Good for you guys! Not the Fair weather fan type... We love the A's games! You are smart to take bart too. When it gets warmer we should all go.

Ed and Laurel said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun. It will be fun to see everyone in July. Have a great week.

Teresa said...

Love how you are called "Spice." Hope you guys had a few "hot" dogs to warm you up during the game.

Teresa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy said...

I actually ate three hot dogs. Gross! I have NEVER done that it my entire life. That shows you how cold I was, I must have lost my senses.

Jeni said...

That's so fun that you guys were able to go to a game. Jason and I have been trying to get to an A's or Giant's game. Looks super fun!

Managers.Magnolia said...

wish we could have gone. hope to see you guys soon