Chicken and Baby Corn
3 T. oil
3 garlic cloves, minced or put through garlic press
2-3 chicken breasts, cut into strips
2 T. sugar
2 T. fish sauce*
2 T. oyster sauce*
1/2 tsp. fresh peppercorns (I just use regular pepper)
1 can baby corn, drained
1 can water chestnuts, drained
3 garlic cloves, minced or put through garlic press
2-3 chicken breasts, cut into strips
2 T. sugar
2 T. fish sauce*
2 T. oyster sauce*
1/2 tsp. fresh peppercorns (I just use regular pepper)
1 can baby corn, drained
1 can water chestnuts, drained
cashews
Pour oil in wok or large saucepan and turn stove on to medium heat. Add the garlic and when it is golden brown add the chicken strips. Fry until the chicken is close to being done and then add the sugar, fish sauce, oyster sauce, and pepper. Next add the corn, water chestnuts, and green onions. Add the cashews at the very end and don't cook them for too long so they are still a little crunchy. Serve over white rice*.
* I buy the fish and oyster sauces at Thai food supply stores. There is one on University Ave. In Berkeley called Tuk Tuk Asian Market that I've been too and there is one in Provo on 3rd south next to a Thai restaurant (Sorry I don't know what its called). Sometimes there are lots of brands to choose from. I use the Tiparos fish sauce and the oyster sauce I use only has Thai writing on it and a picture of a lady in a white apron. Here is a picture of it.
They both smell awful but don't be scared because they taste great! I'm also a rice snob so I have to tell you that Thai food is the best with Jasmine rice. I don't do minute rice! If you really get into cooking Thai food I suggest you get a rice cooker. I love mine, it makes rice perfect every time! Also you can get a good sized wok at IKEA for pretty cheap. Okay, I think thats it. Next time I'll post my favorite curry recipe. Tell me what you think if you try it out!
4 comments:
This is awesome! I have been cravin some good Snow-Thai food...the best I have ever had! Thanks for sharing the secret Snow recipe...I will denifitely make it once I find the secret sauce with the lady on it!
I went to the Asian Market next to the Thai Kitchen in Provo, and I got the 2 sauce. The lady did not have a blue apron, but a white one. I still feel good about the sauce though:-) I am so excited to try it. I love Thai! I will let you know how it turns out. Thanks for the recipe.
I'm definitely going to try this! It looks delicious! Thanks for sharing!
You are right Driel, the apron is white on mine too. Opps. I'll fix that. Did you try it out yet?
Post a Comment