Thursday, June 11, 2009

Birthday Boy and Baby_____???

Yesterday Rex and I celebrated his 28th birthday! We started out the day like any other with Rex at the hospital on his rotation. The first thing he did when he got home was open his present.


The highlight of the gift bag was MarioKart for the Wii. Rex said something like, "I'm turning 28 and I'm still getting video games" (with a big smile on his face). Do boys ever grow out of those? I do have to admit that I think MarioKart is a fun one.


For dinner we went to Chevy's and had a yummy dinner and Rex was so excited to wear the sombrero when they sang him a birthday song (not really). Our final stop was to go to the movie theater and watch UP, which I have to say is one of our new favorite movies. Go see it!



It was a good day but I think Rex's best birthday gift of all was finding out today that we are going to have a baby BOY!!! Rex had a huge smile on his face when the ultrasound technician told us that it was a boy. I knew it all along!

12 comments:

Jenessa said...

Congrats Rex and Amy!!! I am so so excited for you! :) Happy Birthday to Rex too <3
I hope you are doing well.
Love you both!

Managers.Magnolia said...

Yeessss!!! I voted for a boy!! TWICE!! Congrats you guys! Better get crakin on those names, trust me it's quite the task!

Britney said...

Congrats!!!!

October is such a great month to have a baby, I really love having fall babies!

Mangum Life said...

That's awesome!!! I bet he was excited ;-) --- I should be finding out in another week or so what my sister is having (they think it's a boy too)

Tony said...

Yay! That's so exciting! Congrats! What a great Birthday present :-) Thanks for the update!

Cabra Forte said...

Woo hoo! Go team Kimball! That is super exciting! Hooray for boys!

Teresa said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I knew it was a boy! You two will be the cutest parents of a little boy. Super excited for you! Happy Birthday Rex! (To answer your Q, we find out on Wed...last time we checked, they were girls with the chance of becoming late-blooming boys)

Jeni said...

Congrats on a boy!!! Boys are the best and those husbands sure love it when they get a boy. Congrats again!!!!!!!

Mimi said...

Yay!!! That's so exciting! Josh will have a little second cousin playmate! Boys are the best. Congratulations!

Ed and Laurel said...

Happy Belated Birthday Rex. Hope you had a great day.

Jeni said...

What a great way to celebrate a birthday he'll never forget! Congrats to you both!

Jenn said...

congrats! We don't know anything about having boys here, but you have had lots of practice. How fun for your little family.